"EVERYTHING has a beginning and an end. LIFE is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being HUMAN is all about."

Jet Black, Cowboy Bebop

Monday, January 11, 2010

STAND FIRM

"I'll stand firm."

I have to say this LINE is overused by so many people in this world...and I'm one of them. In a world where only a few understood, a few had the courage to understand and a few had the balls to accept, it is very sad that sometimes...in this lonely journey we tend to lose to the realities. Art is sometimes obscure - it is to me at least. I often found myself wondering why I chose this path and yet, amidst all the BS and the insults, I still find myself crawling back into its welcoming arms.


2009 was a rewarding year. Being chosen as one of the 20 artist for the Sungdu-an 5 Exhibit for the National Museum was amazing, working with famous directors is very enlightening and I am very honored. I have accomplished much that sometimes, I feel so blank these days. It's not that I'm tired. In fact, I'm hungry...more hungry than I could ever be when it comes to new ideas. But again, I think the Lord is teaching me patience. I have been impatient recently. I recently threw my regular job and started practicing my art - my passion. And sometimes I couldn't deny that I'm missing my daily office BS, my late reports and routine schedules. Adjusting is a bitch.

Being alone keeps you thinking. Being alone keeps you dreaming. One only has to choose which to take. On my part, a little of both. Scratch that - more on dreaming. LOL. I love to dream. And when I dream, I love to think...of ways how to make that dream come true...

I'm already 26. For practical people like my family, it's absurd to love cartoon animation at this age. When they look at me sometimes, I think that they're branding me as blasphemous. LOL! But that's just it, right? I still love animation no matter what they say. I still love art despite their insults. I will paint and design until my hands bleed. STANDING UP to what you believe in is hard. And it is even harder when you're scraping for money.

Then the question which everyone dreads comes to you: WHY NOT LEAVE YOUR PASSION? Oh yeah, been there a couple of times. And truthfully, I've been running away. Took several jobs not related to art at all. But in the end, not one made me happy as I was when I finished my first painting. Nothing beats the praise of an artistic mentor. Nothing can compete with the feeling of having your very first exhibit. These...these are gifts I will remember till the day I die. And right now, though I'm doubting my ability and I'm slowly crossing this tightrope...I won't back down. This time, I'll STAND MY GROUND. For sure, for sure....

COSPLAY FOR A CAUSE

Creating a Cosplay Team is definitely not my priority. But then again, as the years pass by, I realized that it's not just about what I want anymore. The team longed for it. It? -,- Sadly, I can't say NO. Why? I'll be another 'practical' parent if I deny a child's dream. And I do not want to crush a dream. No, not me. I am very thankful to the TINTA|production members for being my support, for listening to my boring sermons and for being patient. I hope all those are worth it. ^_^ (looks at members smiling...) And hey, I got the hang of it...

The team participated in a feeding program a few days ago. That time I realized that, my hobby (cosplaying) is a very extravagant one. Well, actually I already know that before that's why we helped BantayBata last 2008. But I was reminded once more. More than loving the art, I'd love to help the kids who are most unfortunate. These kids who need love and attention...who need food and clothes. I was never left alone when I was a kid. Seeing them on the wet sand with no piece of decent clothing looking up to me as they smile breaks my heart. T_T they still smile....

Talking with the team about this, we decided to help out and participate every year. And that's why the ANBUFest 2010 on FEBRUARY 13, 2010 have its purpose too.
1. To gather cosplayers
2. To promote cosplaying
3. TO RAISE FUNDS for BantayBata 163.

I am calling all cosplayers to please...please do the same. Let's not only walk the dream...let's do more than walking the dream...

katz
TINTA|productions 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment